Wednesday, July 20, 2011

New Goal.

With our first goal completed, we are moving forward! I still can't believe we were able to accomplish the savings goal that quickly and worry I made a math mistake somewhere. We double and triple checked...so I'm allowing myself to be excited....and to set the next goal.

We are working on family loan #2 next. We borrowed $5,000 to repair a the townhouse from a leak which ruined the floors. Previously, we had worked with our insurance agent to insure we had adequate coverage for renting the house. What we learned through this process is we only have $1,000 worth of coverage for all repairs. Not nearly enough! I immediately made adjustments on our insurance, but ended up needing to borrow money since Eli was laid off for 2 months this year and we utilized the savings account to pay our tax bill. We borrowed this is June and have already paid it down to $2,940. We still need to narrow down a goal date on this. I asked Eli last night, but need to clarify "a couple of months."

Since I'm finding it fun, I have another ticker. It was a water leak, so I opted for a water theme. :)

Family Loan #2

No comments:

Post a Comment